The Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine invites applications for a 100% open rank non-tenure clinical or tenure track Pulmonary and Cardiovascular Imaging faculty position within the Department of Radiology.
This position will join our growing Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Imaging. Applicants must be board certified by the American Board of Radiology and have completed a formal fellowship or equivalent training in Thoracic or Cardiovascular Imaging. In addition to clinical activities, teaching and call duties are shared across the division.
The successful candidate will have a commitment to scholarly work. There are opportunities to participate in research activities in collaboration with established researchers in the Iowa Institute of Biomedical Imaging (IIBI), Iowa Comprehensive Imaging Center (ICLIC) and the Advanced Pulmonary Physiomic Imaging Lab (APPIL). The IIBI is overseen by Radiology and includes 3T and 7T research scanners. Up to 40% protected time may be provided for research activities. Research startup funds and protected time to pursue academic interests are available.
Additional scholarly opportunities along the Clinicial Educator track are available in association with our strong and nationally known education program.
- Fellowship training or equivalent training in Thoracic or Cardiovascular
- Board certified by the American Board of Radiology or eligible within the first year of post training.
- If fellowship trained in Thoracic Imaging, a willingness to participate in internal mentoring as needed so as to participate in the Cardiovascular imaging mission of the
- If fellowship trained in Cardiovascular Imaging, a willingness to participate in internal mentoring as needed so as to participate in the Thoracic Imaging mission of the
- Excellent verbal, written and intercommunication skills with clinicians, patients and
- Candidates for tenure track appointments must have a history of funded
- Candidate must be committed to the University’s goal of inclusiveness and have a demonstrated history of working effectively with persons of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, genders, gender identities, sexual orientations, and
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Leadership experience with a demonstrated facility for teaching.
For more information, please see: https://medicine.uiowa.edu/radiology/
To apply: Please see requisition #73554 at http://jobs.uiowa.edu/jobSearch/index.php Applicable background checks will be conducted.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
About the Department of Radiology:
The Radiology Department includes thirty-seven staff physicians, fourteen fellows, fifteen Ph.D. researchers, and thirty-six residents. The Department is filmless with an electronic medical record and PACS and operates six clinical 64 to 128 and dual source ultrafast MDCT scanners. There are six clinical MR scanners including a 3T. Construction is approved for a PET/MR.
About the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics:
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC) is a state-of-the-art 800 bed tertiary care center that annually admits more than 36,000 patients for in-patient hospital care. In fiscal year 2017, we received nearly 60,000 emergency department visits. We represent more than 200 outpatient clinics and care areas and accommodated just over one million clinic visits at our main campus and community and outreach clinics. UIHC is HIMSS level 7 certified in both inpatient and outpatient care as well as a 2014 HIMSS Enterprise Davies Award Recipient.
UIHC is Iowa’s only comprehensive academic medical center and regional referral center. The UIHC Stead Family Children’s Hospital opened in 2017 and is Iowa’s only comprehensive children’s hospital.
This job ad expires on Monday July 29th, 2019