The Department of Radiology at The Ohio State University College of Medicine/Wexner Medical Center is seeking candidates for a full-time faculty position (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor) in Cardiovascular Imaging. The OSU Department of Radiology offers a competitive salary enhanced with an attractive benefits package, including educational opportunities through The Ohio State University. Combination with Vice Chair (Clinical Radiology Research & Technology Assessment) and/or Division Chief opportunities are possible if background and leadership capabilities are adequate.
The responsibilities of this position will focus on the performance of clinical Cardiovascular Imaging, primarily related to cardiovascular CT [Coronary CTA, CT Calcium Scoring, Pre-TAVI CT evaluations (3D Lab supported), Thoracic Aortic CTA]. Cardiovascular MR research opportunities are already available and there is future potential for new ambulatory-site cardiovascular MR clinical service development. Clinical services will be performed primarily in a teaching setting providing training instruction in image interpretation. The position offers excellent opportunities for advancement in all facets of Cardiovascular Imaging, supported by the outstanding resources in the 155-person Department, including its world-class Laboratory for Augmented Intelligence in Imaging.
Our Department of Radiology is rapidly growing with expanded services at off-site imaging centers, renovations to our existing clinical spaces, and new spaces through the medical center strategic expansion project ($3+ Billion). By joining our faculty, you have the opportunity to work within a prominent radiology department and nationally renowned cancer program, committed to growth; uncompromising patient care, education and research; and our singular vision: to create the future of medicine, one patient, one discovery at a time.
Why work for The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center:
- Central Ohio’s Academic Leader
- One of the largest and most diverse medical centers in the country; only academic medical center in central Ohio and Columbus (Ohio’s largest and most rapidly growing metropolitan region)
- Ranked one of “America’s Best Hospitals” by U.S. News and World Report for over 25 consecutive years
- Voted one of Central Ohio’s “Best Places to Work” by Columbus Business First newspaper”
- For 25 years, recognized as a national leader in quality outcomes and patient safety
Our planned growth at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center:
- Main campus: New construction of a state-of-the-art biomedical research tower, hospital tower, ambulatory center and Health Sciences building that will house the College of Medicine
- Around the city: New construction of 5 ambulatory care centers in addition to 5 established ambulatory care centers up and running today
Why live in Columbus, Ohio:
- 1.8 million population base and diverse cultural, sports, dining and recreational opportunities
- Recently voted the #1 IT city in the nation surpassing Silicon Valley
- Home to several Fortune 500 companies
- Ranks in Money magazine’s picks as one of the ten best big cities
- Third fastest growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest : 14th largest city in the nation
- Booming real estate market
- Consistently ranked in the top ten in nearly every category: Economic growth, things to do, affordable cost of living, great place to raise a family
Education, training, experience:
M.D. or D.O. degree and American Board of Radiology Certification/Eligibility is required. Formal Cardiovascular CT (preferably combined with Cardiovascular MR) fellowship training is required. ACC/AHA 3 training in Cardiovascular CT (preferably combined with Cardiovascular MR level > 2 or equivalent) is also required; CBCCT certification is desirable. Must possess or be eligible for licensure in the State of Ohio.
Interested candidates should submit their CV to:
Kam Carlberg, Senior Leadership Recruitment/Faculty Recruitment
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified women, minorities, Vietnam era and disabled veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This job ad expires on Sunday January 26th, 2020