The Department of Radiology at the Penn State University College of Medicine is seeking a full-time subspecialty trained candidate in the Division of Thoracic Imaging. The Thoracic Imaging Division at Penn State is well established and comprises 4 faculty. Primary duties for this position will include interpreting chest imaging studies, including plain film, CT, and MRI. Procedural skills are considered an asset, although not a requirement for this position. The successful candidate will join our group of 45 academic faculty and awarded academic rank commensurate with experience. This is a non-tenure position.
A passion for teaching is essential as the education of our medical students, residents, fellows, and staff is a core value of our academic mission. There are currently 28 residents within the program. There is opportunity for development of innovative interdisciplinary clinical research through collaboration with the recently established Center for Optimizing Radiology Value (CORVA) dedicated to outcomes research in imaging, procedures, and diagnostic pathways. This Center led by our Vice Chair of Research and staffed with three full-time data analysts provides advanced data mining and analysis support for healthcare innovation and investigator initiated research projects.
The Department has state of the art diagnostic imaging and interventional equipment including four 128 slice Siemens Flash CT scanners with CT fluoro capability, four Siemens 3.0 T clinical MRI scanners, and an additional 3T Prisma MRI unit housed in the MRI Core facility that is used for clinical research.
What We’re Offering:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Work with highly qualified, friendly colleagues in a supportive health network.
- Attractive area to live, work and play
- Interaction with dynamic clinicians in a collaborative environment
What We’re Seeking:
- Medical degree – M.D., D.O. or equivalent
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- Licensed for the practice of medicine in the State of Pennsylvania
- Board certification/eligibility in Radiology
What the Area Offers:
- Welcoming family-oriented lifestyle with a multitude of outdoor activities year-round
- Strong sense of community
- Affordable cost of living. Both suburban and urban.
- Excellent schools
For additional information, please contact:
Jessica Mullany, Physician Recruiter
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/ Disabled
This job ad expires on Saturday February 29th, 2020