Winston-Salem, North Carolina
The Wake Forest School of Medicine Department of Radiology seeks a fellowship-trained Cardiothoracic Radiologist to join our department at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher.
- Join our section of four full-time and one part-time academic cardiothoracic radiologists in the interpretation of all chest and cardiac imaging. The section enjoys strong relationships with our clinical colleagues, including oncology, pulmonology, cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery.
- Wake Forest Medical Center has recently completed a strategic integration with Atrium Health Care to become the academic core of a large next-generation academic health system based in the Southeastern US. This will provide enhanced opportunities for not just regional, but enterprise-level clinical and research collaboration. Faculty may also choose to participate in new teaching and administrative roles at the second Wake Forest medical school campus, currently under construction in Charlotte, NC.
- Wake Forest Medical Center is an 885 bed hospital and includes a Level 1 trauma center, and Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Applicants should have strong clinical experience in all facets of chest and cardiac imaging including conventional radiography, CT, and MRI. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge in clinical operations, as well as a strong interest in the academic mission of the department. The position requires a candidate capable of providing educational programs for medical students, residents and fellows. Night and weekend call is required.
- Cardiothoracic Imaging fellowship training required. The position also requires Board certification by the American Board of Radiology or equivalent and licensing (or eligibility) to practice medicine in the state of North Carolina.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina is located in the center of the state, and is home to Wake Forest University, Salem College, Winston-Salem State University, and the North Carolina School of the Arts. The recently revitalized downtown, adjacent to the Wake Forest University School of Medicine and Wake Forest Innovation Quarter, boasts multiple restaurants, breweries, theaters, shops and a minor-league baseball stadium – something for everyone. With four distinct seasons and easy access to the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean, natural beauty and a comfortable climate are always within reach. The area is well-suited to individuals (and families) who enjoy an outdoor lifestyle, including golf, tennis, cycling and hiking. The area is served by a regional airport in Greensboro (GSO) and an international airport in Charlotte (CLT).
Wake Forest School of Medicine and Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to achieving diversity among its faculty and staff.
If interested, please contact:
Lindsay Teague at Lindsay.Teague@wakehealth.edu
This job ad expires on Sunday January 30th, 2022