The Department of Radiology at the Penn State University College of Medicine is seeking a full-time subspecialty trained candidate in the Division of Thoracic Imaging. Primary duties for this position will include interpreting chest imaging studies, including plain film, CT, and MRI. Procedural skills are considered an asset, although not a requirement for this position. The successful candidate will join our group of 52 academic faculty and 28 community practice radiologists in a growing academic health system. This is a non-tenure position and awarded academic rank will be commensurate with experience.
A passion for teaching is essential as the education of our medical students, 28 residents, fellows, and staff is a core value of our program. The Department supports an education curriculum specialist to mentor faculty in teaching and develop scholarship in radiology education. There is opportunity for innovative clinical research through collaboration with an interdisciplinary lung cancer screening program and the Division of Radiology Innovation and Value Enhancement (DRIVE), supporting informatics, data analytics, and outcomes research. DRIVE has two full-time data analysts and works with our central data team to provide advanced data mining and analysis support for healthcare innovation and investigator initiated research projects.
The Department has state of the art diagnostic imaging and interventional equipment including four 128 slice Siemens Flash CT scanners with CT fluoro capability, four Siemens 3.0 T clinical MRI scanners, and an additional 3T Prisma MRI unit housed in the MRI Core facility that is used for clinical research.
What We’re Offering:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Work with highly qualified, friendly colleagues in a supportive health network.
- Attractive area to live, work and play
- Interaction with dynamic clinicians in a collaborative environment
What We’re Seeking:
- Medical degree – M.D., D.O. or equivalent
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- Licensed for the practice of medicine in the State of Pennsylvania
- Board certification/eligibility in Radiology
What the Area Offers:
- Welcoming family-oriented lifestyle with a multitude of outdoor activities year-round
- Strong sense of community
- Affordable cost of living. Both suburban and urban.
- Excellent schools
For additional information, please contact:
Erica Geist, Physician Recruiter
This job ad expires on Monday March 21st, 2022