The Thoracic Imaging Section at the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System (VAGLAHS) is recruiting an experienced Subspecialist Thoracic Radiologist. The Section currently consists of 3 thoracic radiologists and is seeking to expand our practice by hiring a fourth full-time thoracic radiologist. VAGLAHS is the largest integrated healthcare organization in the Department of Veterans Affairs, serving a catchment area with 1.4 million Veterans. The Radiology Service at VAGLAHS is affiliated with the UCLA Radiology residency program, a fully-accredited program with a total of 60 residents.
The incumbent should be versed in the performance and interpretation of computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging of the thorax. Major responsibilities and duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide attending physician services to inpatient and outpatient Clinics at West Los Angeles VA Medical Center and Sepulveda Ambulatory Care Center.
- Interpret plain film, fluoroscopic, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging of the thorax within the approved scope of practice at the West Los Angeles VA Medical Center and Sepulveda Ambulatory Care Center.
- Obtain a University academic appointment and have his or her research productivity commensurate with requirements to maintain and advance in the University clinical or research tract.
- Supervise and teach fellows, residents and medical students who are rotating on the Radiology Service.
- Assist in planning and leading of teaching conferences for Radiology.
- Provide on-call coverage for the Imaging Service on a rotating basis with other attending Radiologist at VAGLAHS.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in allopathic or osteopathic medicine.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Residency training
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- American Board of Radiology certification
- Formal thoracic radiology fellowship training
Please apply online at: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/633220400#summary and submit your C.V. and/or resume. Other documents may be requested later in the process if needed. To begin, click “Apply Online” to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USA JOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire. Click “Submit My Answers” to submit your application package.
This job ad expires on Monday August 15th, 2022