The Department of Radiology at Tufts Medical Center is seeking a 1.0FTE Academic Chest Radiologist for a full-time faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant, Associate, or Professor at Tufts University School of Medicine.
Why join our team:
The Chest Division is a collaborative and inclusive team that interprets chest radiography, ultrasound, CT, and MRI; and there is dedicated academic time and formal mentorship of radiologists that is championed by the Chair who supports the academic mission of excellence in teaching and clinical, translational research.
We are a subspecialized academic radiology department with a diverse practice, and we have acquired within the past year 8 new GE ultrasounds, the most advanced CT Siemens scanners, and are acquiring 2 new 3.0T and a 1.5T MRI scanners. In the past year, we have embarked on lung cancer screening, and we have embarked on a number of AI (artificial intelligence) projects in chest imaging. We have a robust cardiac MR program jointly shared with cardiology as part of the CardioVascular Center at Tufts. There are unique cardiothoracic programs at Tufts including a sarcoidosis cardiac clinic, the world’s largest hypertrophic cardiomyopathy clinic, and the second busiest cardiac transplant service in the country.
How you will transform patient care:
- You will have a faculty appointment at Tufts University School of Medicine.
- You will work with over 20 diagnostic radiology residents.
- You will join a team of faculty members who are actively engaged in resident and medical student education including teaching conferences, multidisciplinary conferences, and research projects. This includes teaching pulmonary fellows.
- You will have ample opportunities for leadership and research within the Department of Radiology.
- You will have ample chances to contribute to a team culture that is dedicated to inclusivity, collaboration, innovation, and work life balance.
- You will have access to the Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute to support research initiatives that includes collaborations in Artificial Intelligence with Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and formal mentorship in grant applications from successfully funded researchers across the medical school faculty.
Who you are:
- Completed a Chest, Cardiothoracic, and/or Cardiac MR Imaging Fellowship and be ABR or AOBR certified or eligible.
- Knowledge of cardiac MR is a plus.
- A team player who works cooperatively with a wide range of stakeholders and disciplines that fosters excellence in patient care and enhances patient experience.
- A radiologist who enjoys teaching residents and supports academic projects/research and who wants to work in an academic environment.
To protect patients, physicians, staff, visitors, and the community from the COVID-19 infection, vaccination for COVID-19 is mandatory for employment unless an exemption is granted for medical or religious reasons.
Work, Live, and Grow:
Boston, Massachusetts is a dynamic, innovative, and historic city with something for everyone. Whether you seek cultural attractions, an intellectual environment, music and entertainment, museums, night life, shopping, fitness, food festivals, or a sunset harbor cruise- you will find it here. The city of Boston is ideally located in close proximity to the coastal beach towns of Cape Cod and the Berkshires in Western Massachusetts, the White Mountains of New Hampshire, and the Green Mountains of Vermont which offer great summertime recreational activities from swimming, sailing, fishing, hiking, and rock climbing and great winter activities from Nordic skiing to downhill skiing and snowboarding. Boston consistently ranks as one of the most desirable places in the country to live and to raise a family.
We pride ourselves on having an inclusive work environment for all of our employees. We offer very competitive salaries and benefits packages including health, dental, and vision insurance and retirement plans.
Location: Tufts Medical Center in downtown Boston, Massachusetts.
How to apply:
Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Ryan Scerra, Senior Provider Recruiter, at Ryan.Scerra@wellforce.org
Tufts Medical Center is a proud member of Wellforce, a newly integrated healthcare network. At Wellforce, we bring together exceptional, value-driven providers who are setting a new standard for health care in Massachusetts. Our distributed academic model and highly inclusive culture promotes a health system which provides frictionless care to our patients. Simply stated, Wellforce takes pride in providing the tools and technology it takes for our care teams to provide an unmatched patient experience.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.Apply Now
This job ad expires on Monday August 15th, 2022