Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. The University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine in Ohio is offering a full-time Cardiothoracic Radiology Faculty position in the Department of Radiology. This position will support the University’s mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all our activities. Hospitals are equipped with state-of the-art radiography, CT, and MR equipment and support PACS and voice recognition dictation. Cardiac imaging is performed collaboratively with the division of Cardiology. UCMC is a Level 1 Trauma center and supports active multidisciplinary programs in interstitial lung disease and thoracic oncology, including CT lung cancer screening. UC Radiology has a thriving medical 3D printing program with several clinical use cases in cardiothoracic imaging.
Duties will include responsibilities for the clinical, research and teaching activities for our students, residents and fellows.
Applicants must have:
- Medical degree (MD or DO or equivalent).
- Completed a post-graduate radiology residency training program.
- Completed a cardiovascular imaging fellowship.
- Ohio medical license.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Ideal candidates will be competent to cover all aspects of cardiac and thoracic imaging.
- B-reader certification is desirable.
- Rank and Track will be commensurate with experience and credentials of candidate.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate’s experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
Interested candidates, please go to: https://bit.ly/3T3WUJM
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
This job ad expires on Wednesday May 3rd, 2023